Resources & Links
Foundation House at Northgate is a tremendous resource for information related to retirement and elder healthcare.
- “Memory & Aging” by Toni Rowley, RNC, as reprinted from Adult Care Resource Magazine. Is memory loss inevitable with aging? What can be done to promote healthy brain function?
- Ida Culver’s Legacy.The brief story of one of the pioneers of Seattle education and how her financial success benefitted Foundation House.
These books offer inspiration and ideas for making the most of retirement.
- “The Forever Letter: Writing What We Believe For Those We Love“, by Elana Zaiman
- “How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life“, by Mark Victor Hansen (of “Chicken Soup for the Soul” fame) and Art Linkletter
- “Old Age Is Not for Sissies: Choices for Senior Americans“, by Art Linkletter
Scranton Education Fund Grant Information
- Scranton Education Fund Grant Application
- Scranton Application Check List
- Scranton Procedures for Applying for a Grant
- Project Evaluation Form
- Scranton Grant FAQs
Follow these links to websites that provide more information about a variety of topics, including retirement and preparing for retirement. There are some great links for retired educators, too!
- Answers For Elders Radio: www.answersforeldersradio.com
- Local area links. Check out the Northgate community.
- This Social Security Administration page is entitled, “How Should I Prepare for Retirement?” It presents suggestions and guidelines for planning for retirement, getting the most from your Social Security retirement benefits and using the Social Security Administration system. www.ssa.gov
- Previously named the American Association of Retired Persons, it is now simply called AARP. AARP is a nonprofit membership organization of persons 50 and older dedicated to addressing their needs and interests. Learn more about this organization. www.aarp.org
- The National Retired Teachers Association (AARP’s Educator Community) is America’s foremost network of 50+ adults with a passion and affinity for education and learning, and a commitment to voluntary service and civic participation. www.aarp.org/about_aarp/nrta
- Washington State School Retirees’ Association aims to enhance the security and vitality of your retirement years by providing pro-retiree and pro-education advocacy and leadership to the Washington State Legislature. www.wssra.org
“When we walk into the building we immediately feel a friendly, homey atmosphere.”
~ Betty and William